zion banner
Home     Calendar     Directions     Newsletter     Pastor's Page     Sermons     Contact Us



Bits and Pieces
History
Worship Leaders
Fun-For-All
Outreach
April Evening Worship Leaders

ELCA Link

Zion Lutheran Church of North Canton has been a vital part of its community since 1814. It began as a log cabin structure in what is now the North Canton Cemetery. It was called Zion Church then. Twenty four years later, the original building was replaced by a two story gothic building. Members worshipped there for 67 years before moving to West Maple Street in what was then called the community of New Berlin (now North Canton). The church was later remodeled and enlarged to meet the needs of a growing membership and a changing community. In 1960, a new church was constructed on Lindy Lane and Portage.Zion


Our 175th anniversary was marked with an appropriate sense of gratitude to God and thankfulness for our members, who have offered their faith, dedication, and commitment in serving the religious mission of the church and following the precepts of the gospel. We continue to reach out beyond the interests of our congregation to meet the needs of a changing community. Our mission is to grow in grace and love through service.